Why Share Your Story
Every Albertan has ideas, achievements or experiences that influence the future of other citizens, communities and companies. These are stories about you, or your friends or family, your community, your province or the entire country. What challenges did you face? Who may benefit from your idea?
Be original, be creative, be compelling — show us what it means to be a proud Albertan and Canadian!
Make sure to submit your story before: May 26, 2017
It's Easy to Enter
To start browse Submission Details and Category Descriptions. View the sample videos and read the descriptions about the categories - you will be entering your story in to one of these categories. What will your story be about?
- Create an Account
- Write a few sentences to summarize your story for the written component
- Why this story is important to you
- Who, Where, When
- What was or could be the outcome of your story (idea, achievement or experience)?
- Record your two-minute video for the video upload component
- Your video should reflect the written summary
- Excite your audience with your opening lines and images; be compelling and passionate about your story
- If the video is not about you, then you can show other people, places or organizations in the video - you do not have to be in the video.
- Add a photo that shows more about your story, you can attach it to the submission.
Now that you have completed your story, push the submission button! Then share your submission on social media to get your friends, families and organizations around the world to vote for your story!
Submit Your Story Now
Read the Entry Rules, Terms and Conditions.
Browse the videos and read the category descriptions listed below (or browse the Category Index) to help you decide the kind of story you’d like to tell.