1. The Canada150in150® Early Bird “Contest” for the Travel Prize Draw (Prize) is being conducted by FutureCite™ 150 Society a not-for-profit organization based in Alberta (the “Sponsor”), and WestJet, Alberta Partnership (the “Prize supplier”) of the Early Bird Travel Prize and commences at 12:00PM (MST) on March 21 , 2017 and continues until 12:00 PM (MST) on April 12, 2017, (the "Promotion Period").
To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a Canadian resident of Alberta who is over the age of majority, or with the written consent of an adult over the age of majority, not an employee, Board Member, or an Executive of Sponsor, or the Sponsor's affiliated companies or agents, advertising or promotional agencies.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
Prior to the Promotion Period and during the Promotion Period, eligible entrants are required to enter a “Story” to the Canada150in150 Project to be eligible for the Prize. For entry requirements and instructions, visit www.canada150in150.ca. To qualify for the Prize, Entrants should refer to the instructions below.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win a Prize.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION:
One (1) prize is available to be won consisting of round trip economy airfare for two (2) people from any regularly scheduled and marketed WestJet destination in Canada to any regularly scheduled and marketed Prize supplier destination in Canada. Taxes, fees and surcharges are not included, and must be paid for by the winner at the time of booking the flights with a valid credit card. Prize valued at an estimated maximum potential retail value of $2,900. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of accepted Stories submitted.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:
Prize must be booked and travelled by July 1, 2018. Prize is not valid for any flights departing after such date and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted. This prize voucher is limited and subject to promotional space availability of eligible fare options and flight schedule. Not all flights have promotional space. This voucher is not valid for redemption on WestJet Vacations’ packages, interline, code share or charter flights. Blackout dates do apply; prize cannot be booked during peak travel dates such as, but not limited to: all statutory holidays (i.e. long weekends) and airline blackout periods (such as, Spring, Easter and Christmas breaks). Prize winner and his/her designated guest must travel on the same itinerary in both directions. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for transportation to and from the gateway airport and all other expenses not stated as included herein. Changes to travel dates and/ or guest names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
Prize is non-transferable (and without limiting the foregoing, the prize may not be sold or traded), must be taken as offered and cannot be substituted, redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or alternative prizes, except in the prize supplier’s sole discretion. Prize supplier reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by the prize supplier. Does not include upgrades to Plus or checked baggage. This voucher becomes null and void if travel is cancelled once a booking is confirmed. Prize Supplier is not responsible for lost or mishandled vouchers. Once a voucher has been delivered to the winner, the winner is directly responsible for it.
Transportation is subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including, but not limited to airport improvement fees, taxes, surcharges, other transportation, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, medical insurance, travel visas, and all other personal expenses of any kind. Prize supplier is not responsible for any delays, postponements, suspensions, rescheduling or flight cancellations, for any reason, without any compensation. Other restrictions may apply.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
The Prize Winner will be announced live on July 1st 2017, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada at no later than 9:00 PM MST
They must then complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor and the Prize supplier, their respective affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Prize or this Contest. Such Declaration and Release Form must be signed and returned within 14 business days of notification, failing which the Prize will not be awarded.
8. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules (the “Rules”), which are subject to change without notice, and all decisions of the Sponsor which are final. By entering, Entrants grant Society, and the Sponsor and their respective affiliates the right, but not the obligation, to use their photograph, filmed or recorded image, name and city of residence in all publicity campaigns related to the Contest without further notice or compensation.
9. All Entrants are subject to verification and are automatically void if the Story submitted is not accepted for the Contest (Refer to http://canada150in150.ca/legal/terms-of-use-and-disclaimers ). Awarding of any Prize is subject to validation and eligibility verification.
10. The eligibility of all potential Prize winners is subject to verification by the Sponsor. The winner will be determined by a random draw. by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in respect of any matter relating to this Contest and the awarding of the Prize. The Sponsor will require the winner from the random draw to answer a skill testing question. No correspondence will be entered into except with the winner. The Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
11. The Sponsor i) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, ii) except where prohibited by law, disclaims any implied warranty, and iii) are not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize, travel related thereto or from Entrants’ participation in this Contest.
12. This Contest will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest or to amend these Rules at any time without notice.
13. Sponsor assume no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or telephone call to be received by the Sponsor whether or not due to the fault of the foregoing or of any other person, or whether due to computer mishaps, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from any participation in this Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Rules, or the distribution of the Prize.